Hello everyone! I hope you all had a relaxing, safe, and fun summer! As we near to school time here are a few reminders and updates if you want to get ahead of the game:
1. Be sure you have completed your summer assignment! Two books, two mini assignments per book. These are due FRIDAY, AUGUST 28. Remember, this counts as your first test grade. If you need a reminder or an assignment sheet, see last post for details.
2. Open house is Thursday, August 20 from 5-7. Drop in any time during those hours and get your schedule and come visit!
3. The first day of school is Monday, August 24! See the OCS site for more specifics on what time/where to drop off.
If you want to get ahead of the game:
1. I'm *trying* to do Google classroom this school year. Bear with me as this is an experiment on my end. Some students have been sent an invite to their school email, please accept. This is more of a student resource than a parent one, however, I think it will be MUCH better for putting up assignments and giving reminders. There are so many awesome features for Google classroom, so I am super excited!
7th graders class code for joining is: 4ulbf33
8th graders code for joining is: fvbmmmz
2. I'm also *trying* Remind (formerly Remind 101, if you are familiar with that). This is a safe, educational texting service. You also can get the texts via e-mail or with the Remind app. It will allow me to easily communicate with PARENTS and STUDENTS. You sign up by sending a text or visiting their website with my code. I then will send out text reminders from my computer. You cannot respond to the texts and no one, including me, can see your number. It reminds me of when I get those messages to my phone directly sent from Verizon. I think this will be an great, easy way to update students and parents on what's going on in the classroom, due dates, assignments, etc. If you want more info on Remind check out their website: https://www.remind.com/
7th graders: Text number 81010 with the message "@OCSELA7"
8th graders: Text number 81010 with the message "@OCSELA8"
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me! See you all soon!